Skip to content
Portrait sketch of Chris

Founder · Developer · Photographer

I'm Chris. I build things until they work.

Photographer turned developer, laser engraver by day, and currently the entire staff of this studio. I ship real products, and I'm looking for people to build the next ones with.

The short version

Camera first, code second

I started with a camera. Building my own photography site pulled me into code, and I never really came back out. Since then it's been a recipe platform, software for service businesses, a weather app, and a platformer about an egg. Whatever idea wouldn't leave me alone.

Probably Fine Studios is the name on all of it. Yes, I named the studio after my quality-assurance process. Nothing here claims to be perfect. It ships, it works, and it's probably fine.

It started as just me, mostly because nobody was around to say "maybe don't." It was never supposed to stay that way. I'm growing this into a real studio, and that takes people who aren't me.

  1. 01 · The original

    ChrisOCPhoto

    It started with photography. I built my own portfolio from scratch because nothing else felt right for the work. It's still running, still home base.

  2. 02 · Where the code started

    ChrisOCDigital

    Building a better photo site turned into tools, scripts, and experiments. The dev side took hold and a body of work started taking shape.

  3. 03 · Now

    Probably Fine Studios

    When the projects needed a proper home, this became it: one studio name for everything I build, with AI in the loop and real products out the other end. Next up: more people.

How I work

Ship it, then fix it

A rough version in someone's hands beats a perfect plan in my head. I get to "working" fast and improve from real use.

AI is a co-worker, not a party trick

AI does the heavy lifting on implementation. I do the part where someone has to decide what to build and whether it's any good.

Always learning in public

Every project here taught me something I didn't know when I started it. The skills list below grows because the work does.

The jokes are free. The work is not a joke.

I'm a smart-ass, and I'm told it's lovable. The work still gets taken seriously: real deadlines, straight answers, no surprises.

The day shift

The studio is the night shift

Everything on this site gets built after hours. Here's where the hours go first.

Swanky Badger (opens in a new tab)

October 2023 to present

Production Manager, On-site Travel Manager, Senior Engraver

Officially: production manager, on-site travel manager, senior engraver. Also: logistics, warehouse, R&D, and developer. I am told this is called wearing many hats. I call it Tuesday.

Technical Director

A free community block party in Oceanside, California. I run the technical side, including the website in the project list.

contributions in the last year
835
days with code pushed
115
longest streak
9 days
public repositories
45+
Busiest day: 44 contributions on May 24, 2026. Something was going either very well or very badly. On GitHub since 2023.

The living resume

What I build with

One-page resume

Nothing here is self-reported. It's pulled straight from the tech stacks of the 16 projects on this site, so it grows as I do. The number is how many projects used it; click one to see the receipts.

Beyond the code

  • Photography
  • Laser engraving
  • Production management
  • Event logistics
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • Adobe Illustrator
  • Illustrator and Photoshop scripting
  • Figma
  • Product design
  • AI-assisted development

Dashed outline = picking it up now, used only in projects still in progress.

The fine print

Things you should probably know

All true. I checked. Mostly.

  • My commit messages are version numbers. 0.11, 0.12. Future me loves a mystery.
  • I have 45+ repos. I can tell you what most of them do.
  • I built a platformer about an egg. The egg has feelings. This felt important.
  • I named a file-transfer app Not A Cable, because that is what it is.
  • I engrave things with lasers for a living, then come home and write software. Sleep is on the roadmap.
  • I am the technical director of a block party. Yes, that is a real title.
  • My planning team is called The Forge. It is six points of view living in a Claude Project, and its whole job is to argue with me before I write any code.
  • The studio name is also the quality-assurance policy.

Working together

This was never supposed to stay a one-person studio

I started this solo because that's how most things start: one person, too many ideas, and nobody around to say "maybe don't." Everything here was built that way. The next things are bigger, so I'm looking for people to build them with (and, occasionally, to say "maybe don't").

Collaborators

Designers, developers, writers, photographers, people with one oddly specific skill: if you want to make something small and real together, I'm in.

You bring
A craft you're good at and an itch to build.
I bring
A working product, fast, and the patience to finish it.
Pitch a collaboration

Business partners

You know a market, an industry, or a problem from the inside. I can turn that into software people actually use.

You bring
Domain knowledge, an audience, or the business brain.
I bring
Design, build, and launch, start to finish.
Talk partnership

Clients & everyone else

Got a project, a product, or a weirdly specific idea that needs building? Or just want to compare notes? Say hi.

You bring
The idea, however half-baked.
I bring
A straight answer on whether I can build it. (Usually: probably.)
Start a conversation

Eager learners

Trying to break in? Come learn the way of The Forge.

You don't need a resume to get in here. I'm looking for eager learners who are trying to break through and would rather learn by building something real. The Forge is how projects get planned in this studio before any code exists: brief it, map it, argue with it, then build it with AI. I'll show you how it works. Or skip the lesson and lend a hand wherever you're dangerous.

Raise your hand

Hands wanted for

  • Code
  • The business side
  • Marketing
  • Testing (breaking my stuff on purpose)
  • Whatever you're weirdly good at

The unfun part: none of this is a job offer. If we work together, we agree the terms in writing first. The legal bit.

What I look for in people

Finishers

Ideas are cheap. I get along best with people who would rather ship a rough version than polish a pitch.

Honest about what they don't know

The studio is called Probably Fine for a reason. Say "I'm not sure" early and we'll figure it out together.

Curious outside their lane

I came to code from photography, by way of a laser engraver. I like people who wander between disciplines and bring something back.

Low ego, high standards

Care a lot about the work, not about who gets the credit for it.

Hungry to learn

Experience is optional. Wanting it is not. I'll take an eager beginner over a bored expert every time.

A sense of humor

Non-negotiable. We are going to break things. It helps if that's funny.

The portfolio

7 shipped, 9 in the works

View all 16

Still cooking: TRVLPlay, Scramble, WX, Hang, Ping, SplitNote, Games Collection, Wanderlog, ctrII.

Get in touch

Let's build something

Collaboration, partnership, a project, a first break, or just a hello. I read everything. (It's a small inbox.)

Send a message

A project, a partnership, or a weirdly specific idea that needs building: send it here. It goes straight into my inbox.

Goes straight to my inbox. No robots in between.

How this works

The form is the best way to reach me. Your message lands in my inbox, and I reply by email to the address you leave. No auto-replies, no "your message is important to us."

I only keep what you type here, and only to reply. Please don't send anything confidential. Privacy and terms.

Snapshot

  • 7 shipped
  • 45+ repos
  • Team of 1 (for now)